Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Raw Juice

I have been through the Green Smoothie revolution and have done really well with it. The greens give me energy and the whole mixture has done great things for my digestion. However, as I have changed my diet I have more of a craving for the vegetables than for the fruit in the smoothies. That is where the raw juices come in. I LOVE THEM!!! Even my 4 year old complains when his glass is less full than mine. :)

Here is the recipe I am using with some variations.

  3 stalks celery with the leaves intact
  1 apple
  5 carrots
  1 head of romaine
  1/2 cup water

or

3 stalks celery
1 bunch of fresh parsley
5 carrots
1 apple
1/2 cup water

I blend these in my awesome Blendtec blender and then strain through a sock that I have set aside for straining only. I like doing it this way because my blender is so easy to clean and the Blendtec breaks the food down to the cellular level. I watched some youtube videos on juicing with a Blendtec that made up my mind against purchasing a juicer. I'd rather have just one appliance to keep track of anyway. :)

Using a variety of greens will assure a variety of vitamins and minerals in your diet. I am sure there are thousands of recipes for raw juice but these have been my favorite lateley.

Happy Healthy,
~Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment